Below is a sampling of the huge body of free resources available on the Internet. As with any resource on the Internet, the user should be cautious about relying on the information. Steve Hingle makes no assurances about the validity of the information on these websites. Please e-mail me with any suggested additions.
Nonprofit Accounting Resources:
- Wegner LLP Nonprofit Sample Forms & Policies
- IRS information for Nonprofits
- The Nonprofit Resource Center: Summaries of Nonprofit Accounting Pronouncements
- Basic Guide to Nonprofit Financial Management
Other Nonprofit Resources:
- Wisconsin Nonprofits Association
- Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee
- UW Grants Information Collection (scroll down for nonprofit info)
- Guidestar (look up 990’s for nonprofits – requires a free account)
- Society for Nonprofit Organizations
- Alliance Resource Library
- Boardsource Nonprofit Resources
- Articles from ManagementHelp.org
- Foundation Center Philanthropy Information
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- SCORE – Resources and free one-on-one consulting from retired executives for small businesses.
- UW Small Business Development Center – Low cost classes and consulting, free resources, and free phone consulting.
- Small Business Administration – Plenty of assistance from the feds.
- City of Madison, Office of Business Resources
- Verona Chamber of Commerce